Monday, April 03, 2006

The Job Thing

Well I'm looking again for a better job. The one I have currently is not living up to anyone's expectations at all. I'm frustrated and tired of getting a job and then finding out someone has lied to me, or mislead me or left out vital information.
Currently I'm a "partner in the business" and what that amounts to is my boss calls me when he absolutely needs a second hand to help him.
Partnership?
No.
The money is good when there is work, and my boss is actually very cool but everything is run on his terms not our joint terms.
I'm finding that unless the business is a legal partnership, it isn't one.
I'm also tired of well meaning friends and relatives going "Hey buddy find a job yet?" or "Working yet" or "must be nice not having to work" and my favorite "are you even looking for a job?"
Yes like I said they mean well or are just striking up the conversation with that, but man I'm about to strangle them all.
My luck with jobs is well known, kinda like everyone knows there are taxes to pay.
I WOULD LOVE FOR THIS TO CHANGE, AND HAVE MADE VALIANT EFFORTS, PEOPLE.

The only one who understands, really really does.... Is my wifey. She has been soooooo cool, and supportive and listens and everything. I know I married the right woman.
I have been getting headaches, been mildly peeved, have been obsessed about the work thing for weeks. Today, my boss had me come out and look at a job, then didn't pay me. It was "just in case he needed me, he wants me to know the job." Ugh.
I'm looking to find a job where I make a difference. Where people appreciate me, and listen to what I have to say. I don't mind working hard, or working long hours as long as in the end I'm appreciated and respected. Now the respect I have to earn, but when I have put in a lot of hard work and this goes unacknowledged that's when my motivation takes a quick left turn for wally mart and goes to the punching bag section of the store and hits its head on a boat oar.
But.... On the bright side I've had plenty of time to help some friends, and do some house work (much needed I might add). Anyone out there have any similar stories?
No advice please, just stories. I really just want to relate to other folks experiences.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home