Wednesday, May 04, 2005

When Bosses Attack!!!

Shit rolls downhill.
Do you accept that statement? Sure is difficult to swallow. Maybe with some Jam? Nope still hard to swallow. So, your boss gets his ass chewed, he/she grimaces, then looks for some ass to chew as well.
What happened to personal accountability?!
How many of you laughed when you read that? Well, I'm not laughing. If a person gets in trouble, gets talked to, slapped on the wrist. Why grumble, why get angry and resist or lash out? Just take it like a man.
I am human. I grumble, feel targeted, unjustly punished. But for the love of heck, if I know without any doubt that I got busted for a legit reason I just shrug and go ok. Give me my medicine.
Side note* If I am wrongly punished or whatever, I bitch and fight like hell to make my side clear. Sometimes I even whine, and throw a tantrum.
Anyway, personal accountability. Deny, play dumb? Yeah how can you do that when you know you're busted? Sometimes you think "I'll cut some corners do the job so-so, and I'm done." Well, get caught half-assing same deal: You are busted!
Yeah, I'm bitching cuz I'm expecting the shit to roll downhill for something I DIDN'T DO. My faith in personal accountability is slim.
I was a boss once. If my ass got chewed for someone else's laziness, you bet I'd chew some ass. Chew it hard like dry beef jerky. Thoroughly until its soft pliable ass, ready for swallowing.
Anyone have any input?
Plus when you know the hammer is gonna fall, but don't know when.... it sucks. At least I can plan my defense. Only good thing about it. Well, back to work!

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Uh...yeah, you WERE my boss once, hehe. And my ass is still very pliable from that experience. But yeah, I agree. In my current job, my former boss (recently and blessedly switched to a new team) used to chew my ass for seemingly no reason. Then I'd find out that she was getting bitched out for not doing her job, then she'd bitch ME out for not doing her job for her, followed by subtle but crystal clear threats of blackmail, should I fail. Ah, the life of an office monkey.

But, I digress. Yesterday was a good example of how it should be. The entire department got chewed out over some miscellaneous issues. When we got out of our meeting, my new boss calmly accepted the slap on the wrist and advised us to do the same - he said some very similar things to Warrior Shaman, as a matter of fact, kinda eerie... There were some other employees who copped a serious attitude during the chew-out meeting and we could immediately see the shit start a'rollin down to their assistants. It was sad.

May 04, 2005 10:33 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home